Zanzibar

We arrived safe and sound to Zanzibar, but not with out the typical African HASSLE. I thought I would have a friend meet us in Dar Es Saalem to help us to get to the ferry to Zanzibar, cause my friend Sarah told me that everyone she has ever known, Tanzanian or Foreigner, who went to Dar got robbed. So I called my friend. He met us when we got off the bus, and guided us to the ferry etc. It was really nice. We didn't get robbed. But when we were trying to get our ferry tickets over to the island, i think he may have done more harm than good. SOME GUY was "helping us" aka, running us all over the swealtering country wth our 500pound back packs. So through the whole ordeal we missed two boats, and then i finally got so mad at the guy (21/2 hours later) i yelled curse words in his face and told him we were getting our own tickets. So i went up to the booth that i was originally going to book through, and booked them....NO PROBLEM.....GOSH... i was really frusterated. I have 5 minutes on internet now so this is gonig to be fast. We went on a spice tour, it was boring.....ate fruit, got robbed of 100,000 tz shillings, bought spices, went to the beach. Eat fresh seafood for like a dollar, buy really nice cheap scarves, time is ticking....



i miss you all terribly....love you, write me sometime....its nice to hear from home!

No comments: