more blogsssssssssss

It is the night of Tuesday December 19th, and we are leaving tomorrow morning at 7:30 for the Christmas off!! I am so excited. I’ve been doing some reading on Lamu in the good ol’ Lonely Planet and it’s a pretty sweet archipelago island. If you have some time, look it up! I am going to go and swim in the Indian Ocean, how cool is that? There is snorkeling too apparently!
So I failed to mention in the last blog that Nate and Paul were here in camp. Tanessa’s two friends from Vancouver that are doing ground work for an NGO that they are starting up (www.underthereadingtree.org I think). So we had tons of fun. It was Paul’s birthday and Tanessa bought him a goat, and so he slaughtered it himself! I filmed and photo-ed the whole ordeal, from living and breathing to skewers on the bar-b-que. Nate even took the liberty of blowing on the severed trachea and into the lungs that were removed. We saw them fill up and expand, just like ours do. That was pretty much the coolest thing I saw that week. I won’t go into too much detail because I don’t know how your stomachs are. I also didn’t include any of the bloody pictures for the same reason. If you are interested though, I will show you all I got when I get home.
Well I am crouched over at my lap top under my mosquito net and my back is telling me abruptly that it is time to go to bed. I miss you all and love you dearly through this holiday season.

Love always,
Melon Namarungi

1 comment:

chandra said...

Melanie,

meery christmas.

you are free to auction my art, and raise funds for your cause.

for more, lets meet up at my place :

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra