Standing in awe.








Well, nothing ever goes as it seems. And I think that it’s a good thing, for me anyways. It keeps me on my toes, always guessing and definitely not comfortable. So, I have been trying to get to Nyakigera for the last couple days, but things keep coming up. Like the head office of ACTS in Canada wanted me to type up an article for the up coming newsletter, as well as send over some pictures. So I got busy doing that, and fussing with the internet, as I told you in the previous blog, and trying to get them sent. So today I figured I could get over there. But no, God had another plan. I was told to wait. I was going to try and get public transport, but it really didn’t feel like a good plan. And so I clean up at Canada House, charged my phone and made some lunch. Just as I was sitting down to eat, my phone rang and it was Coleb, a worker from the Nyakigera camp. He told me he knew someone with a motorcycle that could come and pick me up, so I was to wait as he would be there “any time”. I was relieved at that, because I was feeling sketched out and discouraged at the thought of finding a matatu that was going in the right direction and then a boda boda, for the like 6,000 shillings I had left. So I ate my lunch and awaited my ride. But he never came, I later received a text from Apollo, the head honcho, at Nyakigera camp, and he said he’s coming into town tomorrow so I should just wait until then. So I decided to go into town and try again at sending some pictures to Canada, checking my email, and updated my blog. Well I only checked my email, as blogger wouldn’t open and then the power went out, and I was feeling really sick again. I went to the clinic, as I felt like I was going to throw up or pass out, and got my 3rd or 4th was it, malaria test. It was negative. But I started taking some antibiotics because I’ve got the good old frequent bathroom blessing. Well on the way into town I had noticed as I boda’d by the University Baptist Church, that they were having a prayer/bible study meeting from 5:30 to 6:30. So I decided to stop by there. It was really nice, a circle of chairs outside on a patio looking over a big valley and rolling hills. (I love Ugandan landscapes) They were going through Psalm 119, and reflecting on each verse. It was nice. But at the end, we had prayer requests, and we went around and voiced our requests. I requested for more break through, and continuing on this path of breakthrough that I am on, and more intimacy with God, like clearer two way communication. There was another guy there, Evans, and he started talking about how he’s very up in down in his faith, when he’s up he’s up and when he’s down he’s down. Then he started talking about how he has this anger issue, and he’s had it for a long time etc. Then I got the “nudge”. “You have to pray for him.” I was like, ok, no problem, I can say a prayer in the circle for him. But as we were praying for each other “Pray for him after” and so I waiting after and it didn’t seem like the right timing, so I took my chair inside and “Don’t you leave without praying for him” So I went back out and he was talking to Dr. Pepper (the American doctor who helped me when I had malaria, he’s also a pastor, go figure), and some other guy. So I nonchalantly walked up and just kind of stood there and the opportunity presented it self, he asked me my name and “ask about the anger”. So I just got bold and asked him. I was a little worried, I mean you approach some dude who is talking about this flash anger problem and well, you just don’t know how he’s going to react. Well he was really calm, and just started talking about how he’s had it for like as long as he can remember, and it’s really bad. So I told him that I felt I should pray for him, and he was cool with it. So I asked it Dr. Pepper and the other guy could join us. So I prayed against the spirit of anger and aggression and broke generational curses in the name of Jesus, and the others prayed for him too. After I asked him how he felt and he was still wishy washy and convinced that he was stuck with this problem, and the others gave him some advice. We were walking up towards the road, as Dr. Pepper and his friend were leaving. I knew I needed to pray for him again. So I told him about how before I came to Africa this amazing woman prophesied over me about a power in the laying on of hands and the breaking of generational curses that was coming upon me. He had told me that his grandfather had the same problem and even killed a man. So I knew, that this was God’s plan and god’s timing. I told him that I would like to pray for him again if he was willing, and he was. He had a lot of explanations that Satan had lied to him about, why he was that way etc. But I just kept talking him through it. And so we got to praying and I don’t know how long I prayed for, but God was pouring through me. I prayed for the loosing of spirits, breaking of curses, and all this crazy stuff, I can’t remember any of it. After, he felt so free. He said he knew it was God cause when I was praying it was like I was reading his script or something. Also that one time he was a missionary in England and he walked into a church service, and I guy came up to him and said “When you walked in here, God told me this and this and this.” And when I was praying I prayed about those things!! Wow, god is so good. He even encouraged me, next time God tells you something, or asks you to step out, for my sake, just do it! It’s totally insane how God works, all these little things leading up, and I meet some guy in Africa (he is a Ugandan) that I need to pray for, for the breaking of generational curses. Wow, it was truly amazing to see the freedom restored in his face afterwards!!

Praise God!

No comments: