March 12th

Another old blog, cause i love you.

It’s my last night in Rubingo with Laura and Tanessa. Katie is gone to Nyakigera. It was a good day. I spent it organizing all my stuff, trying to figure out how I am going to fit it all into my two 50 pound bags. I never really realized how light 50 pounds is. It is light, especially when you have 3 seventy pound bags on the way here… yikes. Wish me luck on that one. Haha. So David Moore and Pippa are coming to camp tomorrow for a couple nights, Tanessa and Laura are leaving for Kikigate in the morning, and then I will be heading out on Saturday morning with David and Pippa to Mbarara. From there I will try and throw together some last minute typing and printing. Next I will be heading to Kabale en route to Bushara Isaland. I will have 2 days there to document all the happenings, and then there is de brief. On the morning of March 24th we are officially finished.
I am honestly in a very shocked state as I write this. It’s crazy how fast 6 months can fly by. It’s been such and adventure to be here in Africa. I summed it up quite nicely in my final report I had to write. It reads as follows:

“It is so hard to sum up all I have been through since arriving in Uganda. It has been life changing, heart transforming, soul moving and mind boggling. I have had some of my highest highs along with some of my lowest lows. I’ve been touched remarkably by so many Ugandan people and experiences. I’ve learned so many lessons on team work overseas, on myself, on God and most of which I am still processing. I will miss Uganda and its people in an overwhelming amount. I’m sure I will dream of Africa for a long time after I am gone. Maybe even waking up in Canada and wishing that I was waking up here in Rubingo. I can’t put words to my experience. I will never ever forget it as it will be engrained in my heart and my way of life forever. And, if God wishes, one day I will return, with my mom and sister.”

As I am still here in Uganda, and in the area of my posting and my job, I don’t feel like I can truly comprehend all I have learned and been through. Hindsight is 20/20 right?
It been one wild and crazy adventure and I will definitely be updating you on my after travels and as I am learning truly what I have gone through. Thank you so much for all your support and prayers back home. It means the world to me.

No comments: