March 17th

This is from today!! Yay!!

Yesterday I left Rubingo for the last time. All my stuff packed and in the truck. It was a beautiful last day, the pineapple at chai time never tasted so sweet. I prayed the night before that God would help me to be not a total wreck when saying goodbye, as I was already feeling so emotional about leaving. I’m sure he helped me, because I did cry but I was able to speak, and communicate how much I love these people and how much they have genuinely touched my life. I am feeling torn, missing these people, and all the wonderful things I have experienced over the last 6 months, but also really excited about the next leg of the journey with Adele. I am in Canada House right now in Mbarara for the weekend, and will be heading to Kabale on Monday morning. It will be weird to be all together again, our Uganda team 2006-2007. We are all heading our separate ways, to our own new adventures. But I’m sure we will never forget our time together here serving with ACTS. It’s been the adventure of a lifetime that’s for sure.
My photo’s of the Ugandan returnee’s camp in kikigate will be printed in today’s Saturday issue of the Hamilton Spectator. I will go to the site and see if I can paste the page on here or provide a permanent link. I’m really excited about it. They may also be in the Toronto Star!! The story is still being pitched to them though. I will let you know for sure!
So Adele will be here in 8 days!!!!!! Holy crap, I am so excited. I honestly can’t stop thinking about it, and all the things that we can do and see. I am SO SO SO SO thankful that God provided a friend for me to travel with. It is a HUGE answer to pleading prayers! I know it will be an amazing unforgettable time. Please continue to pray for our journeys, our safety and all that good stuff. I’m sure we will continue to let you know where we are at and what the latest news is!
Thank you so much to everyone who has been reading and praying and supporting me, I could not do this with out you! I miss home TONS, Panago Chicken Club Pizza, WATCH OUT!!! Northgate Foursquare I miss you so much. My family, Danielle, Mom, Dad, Col buddy, Trev, Tash, Dennis, Sparky, Emma… I miss you all terribly. And I look forward to seeing you all again. I know that this last part of the journey for me will go the fastest, so watch out; I will be home before you know it!

TONS AND TONS OF LOVE EVERYONE!!! KEEP LIVING YOUR LIVES TO THE FULLEST. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS, FORGET YOUR FEARS, RUN THE RACE THAT IS IN FRONT OF YOU AND DON’T LOOK BACK. IF CRAZY OL MEL CAN DO IT, IMAGINE ALL THE AMAZING THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO!! I PRAY THAT ALL OF YOU WILL BE INSPIRED TO MAKE A CHANGE, TO STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT AND DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR SOMEONE UNEXPECTING. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS. LOVE THE UNLOVABLE. GIVE YOURSELF, YOUR TIME, YOUR ENERGY, YOU’RE LOVE TO THOSE AROUND YOU. TO THOSE THAT NEED IT.

No comments: