Canadian Luxery

Wow, is all I have to say. Canada is amazing. Truly amazing and I am so so so happy and blessed to be home. Hot showers, toasters, kettles, pillow top mattress's', movies, couches, WASHER AND DRYER, flushing toilets, and I can drink the water in the shower and while brushing my teeth...the list goes on. Its great to be back here on the Wet Coast. I am wearing two pairs of socks at the moment, and just had a hot shower. My mom told be I was coming home to hot weather, I guess I scared it away.
So far, I have been getting over jet lag. Resting in my home with a deep appreciation that I have never known for everything I have. When I close my eyes, I still see Africa. Rolling green hill, banana plantations, red earth, children in dirty tattered clothes, with water jugs on there heads and in their hands. I see myself walking through the plantations. I see the endless beauty of Africa constantly flashing in my mind. The faces of all the friends I have made. The stories of people, of survival, triumph, life, struggle, things I have never known and never will know. I am so thankful for all Africa has taught me. The land and its people give wisdom.
Africa taught me innumerable lessons. Lessons of endurance, perseverance, struggle, hope, faith, love, friendship, truth, and patience. Being stripped of my western comforts and my western excuses into a world that is just as you see it. Simplicity at its best. Days consist of basic survival. Food and water, God and faith. Time in Africa almost seizes to exist. Things happen and progress when they are ready, whenever that may be. No one knows how long it will take, and it doesn't matter. It's not a concern.
I have learned to take it take it one day at a time. To let God be God, and to trust in him for every moment. I have by no means mastered these things, but I am definitely a world more aware. For now, I am definitely still processing. But for the record, I of course feel different. Being home is definitely showing me areas of my heart that I didn't even realized had been touched and changed. Patterns of thinking and doing, transformed. I have nothing to complain about. I have too much stuff in my house. I need to get rid of allot. If anyone needs anything, maybe I have one. If so, consider it yours!

I'll keep posting on my home experiences and all that I am learning and have learned. Thanks for coming on the journey with me!

Love mel

No comments: