Mbarara

It is saturday afternoon, and i just arrived into Mbarara. We've come into buy some food for dinner, and send some emails. The power has been out for almost a day now (the internet cafe's have a generator) and we are also out of water at Canada House, which may be due because of the power outage. So we will pick up a buch of water while in town. We went to the OURS clinic yesterday which is just up the road from Canada House (where we stay). They specialize in children with diabilities. Like bow legs, cleft lip and palate, and other diformaties. It was crazy to see all these things right in front of me. We watched a woman "Gererous" change the bandages on a little boys leg. Open wounds in his legs. I made friends with a girl name Asiim Maclean. She is 18 and broke her femur two years ago. She was unable to get treatment and so it healed all crooked. Two months ago she came to the OURS clinic and they straightened it. She hasnt finished elementary school. And her family has 5 other kids and no employment. This morning just after breakfast she showed up to surprise me at the house. i guess she ran into richard out leader and he told her where we were. So people keep talking to me as i am writing this and asking for emails and such. So my time is dwindalling fast. Next time maybe i should get a computer in a corner by myself. So life is beautiful. I send some postcards off yesterday so hopefully they will make it there in 3 weeks or so. I got two pinapples yesterday for about .90$ the best pineapple I have ever had. I have been sleep quite well. Not too many mosquito bites. (at least i think they are, everything is different especially the bug bites) Its dark around 7 and it gets really dark aspecially when the power is out, which i think it has been off more than on since i have been here. I here muslim prayers every night at random times that i havnt quite figured out yet. They pray over loud speakers so that everyone can hear. And then the dogs bark. and they howl and they bark again. but generally speaking i have been sleeping quite well. Sorry this post is so scattered, as i have been trying to type out everything as fast as i can before i forget it and to get as much in as i can before my time is up. Its nice an cool in here right now. On the streets is hotttt. I need to go get some water, and go to the bakery as i havnt had lunch. I will try and post some pictures now. Although they are old cause i forgot to upload some new ones onto my jump drive. And my fingers are getting sore because these key are so stiff.

So I LOVE YOU ALL, and i miss you tons. call me and text me. the number is in the previous post.

Well the picture option is not on this blogger, i cant figure it out, so i will try in myspace or hotmail.

BYEEE from Mbarara

No comments: