Going White Water Rafting Down the NILE!!

Ok, this will be my last blog for a while, I believe. I have been in town for a week doing office work, meetings, with TASO and Richard R, and getting organized. It has been very beneficial, as I was honesty feeling very confused as to what area of work to tackle first and how to go about. But now I have written up some work plans and finished my bi monthly report so I am feeling way more confidant as to what I will be doing next. Thank you for those who are praying, it must be you.
So tomorrow we start our next off. Whoa time flew by. And we are heading to Kampala on a bus first thing in the morning. So please pray that we will not have a crazy bus that over stuffs and drives 130 miles an hour through death trap roads. Pray that we have a nice, comfortable, speed governed bus that will get us to our destination, Adonai Guest House (where we stayed our first night in Uganda), safely and unharmed. The next morning we are packing into another bus and on our way to JINJA, the mouth of the Nile, for some of the worlds BEST white water rafting. A couple of our group members, John and Ryan I believe are going bungee jumping!! I would love to go, but I’m not all that sure it’s good for my back, same with the rafting really, apparently every one usually takes a dive in the drink. So please pray that my back will be in tip top shape and won’t hold me back from a once in a lifetime experience. It should be all good!! We are spending one night camping in Jinja, so I get to try out the trusty tent that you gave me dad, as well as the thermo rest!
I just took and interlude to writing this, as I am pre typing it again at Canada house, to run and grab my soaking wet clothes off the line because it is raining. I moved them under cover and proceeded to slip and fall on the slick concrete because my sandals were wet. Then I had handily thrown in a new African skirt on top of my white underwear and then threw my white blouse on top. Well the blue ran all over everything in a matter of minutes so I had to wash it all again and scrub the die out, in the rain, because it is raining. Oh, I can’t help but laugh the joys of Africa.
So on with the plan. We are camping one night there and then heading back to Kampala for one night. I am hoping to meet up with Kristy again. I am excited about this trip, but I do ask that you would pray protection and safety for our journey as you just never know. I am hungry so I am going to end this now and head into town hopefully, maybe I will have to catch a special hire, because it is raining. A special hire is a Taxi, and it cost 5-6,000 for a ride to town as opposed to 1,000 with a boda boda. But the boda’s are not the great in the rain, for obvious reasons.
Also I think I should write to you more about work. It has all been slow goings as I was getting used to everything and just basically taking pictures and that is not all that exciting to write about. After the off though, things will hopefully be moving forward with a steadier flow and I can have more exciting things to write about. I am going to try and post a picture of the 3 orphans that I am going to work on next. Hopefully find them a home to stay in and maybe build that family a new house and provide them with some sponsorship money for the children’s expenses. So please pray into that as well.
I miss you all, very much. Uganda is implanting itself in my heart in tremendous ways. I find myself being broken over new things everyday. Weather it is the look of despair in a child’s eyes, the laughter of an AIDS patient, or the mud that splashes all over everything. There are joys and trials everyday. Thank you so much for your prayers and please, don’t stop. Talk to you soon. Melanie

PS. I tried to post some more pictures, but seeings how i had such good luck last time, i think i may have ran it dry. My luck BITES on the posting today.

No comments: