Unexpectantly in Mbarara

So on friday morning i was going to burn a CD with a bunch of pictures from an AIDS/HIV testing day that i went to, for richard roberts to send to canada, and my computer died, because our power is broken yet again. Everything is very unreliable around here. Except God. There was some other people going to town to go to another camp/project area, Nyakigera, so i got ready in 4 minutes and jumped into the truck. Once i was in Mbarara i relized that i really wanted to go to the University Church here in Mbarara because it is in english!! And i am SO ready for some fellowship and worship that i can sing the right words to. I got the CD burnt and then Apollo, the ugandan leader dude from Nykigera said i was coming with them for the night. He was supposed to pick up for people so he needed to bring me as he only had two. I had charged my cell phone during this time so i really didn't mind going for the ride. Last night i was in Nykigera. Its pretty nice there. The camp is right on the grounds of a school so you can imagine the attention that everyone gets. There is no shower there, and really bad cell reception unless you go for a walk or climb a ladder. Good times. The latrine is really nice and new though, hardley any flies, and the ground is flat, unlike our 75 degree angle camp at Rubingo. They had a goat killed for our arrival and we had that with dinner. (The guts for lunch today) I had a horrible sleep because i didnt bring any blankets or anything cause i didnt plan on staying. so i hung a mosquito net with two safty pins and borrowed Joels minus 200 degree sleeping bag. So we came back today and am very excited about internet and contact with you all. I have to admit, i am a little home sick today. I miss talking to people who understand me, and eating normal food. Friends....i miss you all....Family i miss you more. Adele, i miss you SO much. Danielle, i miss you, mom, dennis, trevor, tasha, dad, collin, EVERYONE... i miss ross, and daniel and RANDI...i miss you...i have no time to read your blogs so i have no clue what the heck you guys are doing in mexico, but im sure its great, and i cant wait to hear about it. So anyways, please pray for me.
I am doing good other than that. Its all part of the experience and i am loving it. New cultures and food, its so exciting and new. The people in uganda are amazing, so kind and strong. There are beautiful lush green rolling hills, and blue blue skys! Oh man i watched a lighning storm last night, so far away i couldnt hear the thunder,

SIDE NOTE.....JES...OUR SONG IS ON THE RADIO......I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU SOO MUCH.....GET MY CELL NUMBER FROM MY MOM SO WE CAN TEXT EACHOTHER....ITS SO CHEAP!!!!

yeah so the lightning was crazy....bolt after bolt....continuous...it lit up half the sky. And stars.....WOW....there is a whole new sky of stars here. I have only seen one cluster...the one that brenden you identified to me on Hornby as onopatopia.....its not.... but thats cool.
Ok well i have 18 minutes left and i want to try and check my hotmail, I will try and come back tommorow with some more pictures and post them. I am in town till monday, so reception is great and i have battery if anyone wants to call me. hint hint

LOVE ALWAYS AND FOREVER MELLLL

No comments: