January 9th

Well, it’s January 9th, 4:30 in the afternoon and I have spent the whole day on the computer typing up forms for the Memory Book Work (MBW) Training session that will be happening on the 15th to the 19th! They are all in the local language Runyankore, so my brain is hurting big time, from putting together all these random (to me) letter formations! It is a beautiful day outside, and I can see the green rolling hills and banana plantations out the window and the door. I’ve been greeted by the odd lizard here and there as well! Tanessa got a package from her boyfriend today and seeing her in such a sentimental mood, got me into the reminiscing. So I got a little homesick today. So all of you know at home, I am missing you big time!
The MBW Training session is coming up, and so for those prayers out there, I kindly request that you place it on your calendar, this would be greatly appreciated! It will be on the above mentioned date. So you all know I can definitely see Gods hand in this whole process. He has been putting things in place in just the right timing, and is filling me with faith that the training is going to be very beneficial for the people in this area. He is changing my heart in big ways that’s for sure. We are having a meeting after the training as well to brainstorm an implementation plan for the MBW, so please pray that all the volunteers would be highly motivated and full of idea’s and enthusiasm for MBW. As well that I would be full of wisdom and patience to facilitate and getting everything covered that needs to be done!
We are currently trying to put together a top 5 (or so) of the neediest people in the area, to do write ups for immediate sponsorship attention. So please pray that god would move through people hearts to find the right people for this. And that the sponsors would be found right away. Currently I am still praying for sponsors for Fortunate, the orphan girl who lives here at the camp and currently tested positive for HIV. She is seeking sponsorship for school fees at boarding school. Its $70,000 Ugandan Shillings for a term, there are three in a year so that is, $210,000 Ugandan Shillings or about $132 Canadian. If you want a decent education here in Uganda you must attend boarding school, the government funded ones are useless they say. So please pray for these people, and if you feel you would like to help, or want to sponsor someone else, send me an email and I will find someone for you!!
I still have 3 more forms to do, so I better get going. Thanks for taking the time to read my blogs and I pray you all have a wonderful day!!

Love Always, Melanie

No comments: