Pictures...actually no pictures.

Side note...this is my 3rd or maybe even 4th attempt at uploading these pictures. And thats on different days, not counting the number of attempts i tried during each session. Ode to the joys of technology in Uganda. I am in a new internet cafe in Mbarara as i try this. I am hoping and praying that it goes through. Oh, well there we go, first try failed. I will try again. Haha.

But on another note. I just got back from Kampala and a very lovely off. I visited with my good friend Beth whom i met at church here in Mbarara, she works on a christian radio station. But she recently moved to Kampala cause she got a job speaking on an english speaking christian radio station, and aslo reading the english news on a Kampala station. She is so awesome and i am so happy for her and all the sweet stuff thats happening for her. She also has an amazing voice and is recording a song. This weekend i went to the studio with her. You know, i really love studio's. It was so fun to watche her sing her heart out, and there was a guitar there so i was stoked on getting to play that. And, you know what, the producer even let me record a song!! Haha, it was pretty ruff, but it was a one through take, and i really had fun. I was super nervous for some reason. But i really really liked it. My whole weekend was actually really enjoyable. Beth invited me to stay with her and her sister, and they were so good to me. It was so nice to just chill at a house, on a couch, with a bathroom and shower in the same building. I truely apreciated being able to stay there in a semi "home" environment. We got some nail polish and did eachothers fingers and toes. Talked and talked, and it was just SO good. Really I can't express how nice it was to just hang out with a good friend. We did some shopping, and went out for food, and just had an overall relaxing weekend. After the Christmas off, i was in NO mood to go on any long haul over land expeditions. I caught the bus back yesterday, and met another muzugu who is here with his girlfriend doing HIV awareness stuff, and we talked and talked. It made the trip go by fast. He got off before me, and a nice young girl sat beside me. The whole ride was relatively painless, untill the young girl puked all over herself, and the isle. So the last hour of the trip i got to breath in the lovely smell of her last meal all over the place. Ech!! Poor girl. So i am heading back to Nykigera, the other camp where the new water project is happening, to continue the documentation of the digging of the trenches for the new pipeline. Oh while i was in Kampala, i FINALLY, got to go to church, honestly that was SUCH a blessing. I had tears in my eyes just walking up to the building and hearing the worship music pouring out. It was almost all muzungu's at Kampala International Church, but it was such a lovely serivce. Totally real, and yeah, just such a blessing to my heart. I miss church like you wouldn't believe. I mean, i still have jesus, and my own heart of worship, and my guitar, but it's amazing when you get together with a group of worshipers. I love that. Doesn't even have to be big, its just great to be with others in faith. You know?

So my pictures still havn't loaded. I am going to go and try another cafe!

Bless you all, love you tons, see you soon. (sorta soon....maybe)

No comments: